Use COUPON CODE "SUPEREARLYBIRD" by 3/9/21 to save AUD$110
Use COUPON CODE "EARLYBIRD" by 1/10/21 to save AUD$55
Date: Saturday and Sunday October 30-31, 2021
Location: CrossFit Ballina, 14 Endeavour Cl, Ballina NSW 2478, Australia
Hours: 7am to 5.30pm each day.
Audience: Health (Physios, Chiros, Osteos, MDs, etc) and Fitness Professionals (Trainers, Coaches, etc)
For detailed information, please go to http://physiodetective.com/courses/female-athlete-...
High intensity exercise has been popular for decades. However people like Jane Fonda, Les Mills, bootcamps, Obstacle Course Racing and CrossFit have made high intensity exercise very popular among female exercisers. The USA Weightlifting Federation has seen a significant increase in membership largely in part to CrossFit’s use of Olympic Weightlifting in its exercise programming. With such high level physical challenges come concerns about how to manage common women’s health problems such as Incontinence, Pelvic Organ Prolapse (associated more with pelvic floor weakness) and Pelvic Pain (particularly from pelvic floor overactivity) as well as concerns about exercising during pregnancy, and postpartum issues such as divarication of rectus abdominis, exercising after a Caesarian section, and lifting while breastfeeding.
This course will attempt to address these concerns about high intensity exercise in women, teach participants some of the common loaded movements, how to modify these exercises for different populations, and how to assess, treat and rehabilitate common lower half injuries.
The Physio Detective Sydney, Australia
Australian Physiotherapy Association Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Master in Manual Therapy (UWA)
Antony Lo is a physiotherapist from Australia and runs The Physio Detective service and My PT Education. He earned his degree from the University of Sydney and has been in practice since 1997 (old enough to see old things come back as new things!). He completed his post-graduate Master in Manual Therapy (Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy) from the University of Western Australia and commenced his Specialisation training in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy. He has been working at the junction of Musculoskeletal, Sports Rehab and Performance, and Women’s Health for his whole career. He has experience participating and coaching a range of sports and has been a consultant for a number of different types of elite sports athletes of all ages.
Antony’s passion is working in a way that combines his experience in coaching, education, and being a Physiotherapist, combining the knowledge from the fields of Physiotherapy, Strength and Conditioning, Business, Psychology, and the Arts and Sciences. He has developed a model of treatment that utilises the best from Sports Science, Musculoskeletal/Sports Physiotherapy, Pain Science, and Women’s Health research to provide a practical, realistic holistic model of care balancing the biopsychosocial model of healthcare with the best of historical assessment and management approaches. Antony has a wife and 3 beautiful children in the best city in the world – Sydney, Australia!
- To provide a chance for health and fitness professionals to think about their thinking, models, biases, and beliefs and then to challenge them!
- To provide a framework from which you can approach the acquisition of knowledge, assessment and management of Female Athletes
- To provide a basic understanding of high intensity training (using CrossFit as a base model but including bootcamp, HIIT, Tabata, etc) for female athletes/participants
- To provide participants with the tools to be able to communicate, assess and treat high intensity training athletes more specifically
- To deal with ante-natal and post natal exercise considerations in high intensity exercise.
- To provide an overview of common high intensity exercise-related musculoskeletal injuries of the lumbopelvic-hip complex and options on how to manage them using exercise
- To provide an understanding of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction in exercise and appropriate modifications for impact and relatively heavy lifting exercises
- To provide a way of utilizing “core stability” principles with a test-retest model using performance as a measure of effectiveness
- To provide an overview of the common body weight and loaded movements involving the LPH, sound technique guidelines and appropriate modifications
- To provide a realistic and practical balance between the biological and the psychosocial aspects in managing the high intensity training athlete, their Coaches and their expectations
- To provide an understanding of the concepts of #tensiontotask, #spreadtheload, #variabilityisking and #BulletproofPFRoutine